Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 is going to be my year


In the beginning of 2012, I made the promise that I would finish and publish one novel by the end of the year. Needless to say, it didn't work out as planned. I was kinda sorta irritated with myself for not meeting that goal but then I realized that it was okay. Not that procrastinating is okay, just that I can't let myself be brought down by one minor setback. Writing isn't an easy feat sometimes. Sometimes it is a long journey that feels like it has no end. Yet, in that journey a writer can find themselves. A writer can bloom and blossom like a spring flower.

I'm okay with 2012 not being the year. In fact, I'm glad that it wasn't. I've grown so much as a writer in the last year and a half and I feel the writing I get done now is ten times better than it was in the beginning.

You read my plans for this year last week. I have a lot of writing and publishing goals in mind and I am determined to make them a reality in 2013.

Something else that is going to be a priority can be read about on my book blog today. Simply put, I want to really start living my life and be more positive. I've spent a lot of my twenties dwelling on things and sitting around doing nothing.

It's time for change.

Along with all my writer-ly goals of 2013, I also have a list of other goals too. Like taking a photo every day for a year, learn sign language, finish a whole bottle of nail polish, bake a perfect batch of cookies (from scratch, which I've never done by myself), and oh so much more.

It's time to stop being so afraid and start living instead.

From now on, you will not only be reading and seeing my writing progress, but also some little snippets of the great and fun things I'm going to do in 2013.

Life starts now.


 Jessica Sankiewicz


PS: For my writer friends, a great post on terribleminds--25 Writer Resolutions For 2013 (And Beyond). Enjoy. ^_^

10 comments:

  1. Well good for you! You are right, the time to live is right now so don't be afraid to LIVE. Here's some wise words to think on:
    Anaïs Nin: “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore that quote, thank you so much for sharing it with me! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Jessica! I wish you the best with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so amazing. It encompasses everything I've been thinking about my own life but haven't been able to say. Let's keep each other motivated and on track this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to keep you motivated because I am anxiously awaiting the chance to read your book. :) And I appreciate all the encouragement I can get!

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I love you so much! You're really inspiring me right now. "Sometimes it is a long journey that feels like it has no end. Yet, in that journey a writer can find themselves. A writer can bloom and blossom like a spring flower." - YES. "I've spent a lot of my twenties dwelling on things and sitting around doing nothing." YES. Have I mentioned we're kindred spirits? I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and there's a reason you didn't finish and publish your work in 2012. 2013 is SO going to be your year in so many ways. It feels like you have a renewed sense of life and self and your focus is sharper and you're determined. It's so exciting to be on this journey with you and see your progress! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie!!! You're so awesome and I love YOU so much! <3 Oh yes, we are kindred spirits. I agree, sometimes everything does happen for a reason. And it seems like this is exactly where my life is taking me and I am so excited I could burst at the seams. I'm so glad to be inspiring others along the way, it makes me feel so good. :)

      Delete
  5. I made the same promise to myself that you did, and I didn't get anywhere on it either. But I'm also okay with that, because I've realized I can't force it. And everything I do is progress towards starting and finishing that elusive first book.

    Make 2013 your year! It sounds like you're on the way, with a list of resolutions and determination. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! When you force something, it just won't come out the way it should and you'll be disappointed in the end.

      Thank you! I am definitely determined to make it so! :D

      Delete