Friday, January 4, 2013

My FIRST Weekly Writing Update


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count is 47,752.

I am gaining a little bit on a couple scenes I recently figured out. I had an epiphany last night on a scene I started out this week, so I'll be tweaking it a teensy bit this weekend and continuing with the next scene. I am so close... I can feel the finale coming... and I can't wait to reach that point. It means I'm that one step closer to getting it out there for you to read.

I also started to write the first scene in my next project, but I need to tweak the spot where it starts a little bit. I think it needs to start about fifteen minutes later. And I need to come up with a more clever way to start it... hmm... ideas are brewing... It may not necessarily be the greatest idea to work on a second novel, but when the story is screaming at you to be told, sometimes you have to listen and just write. Once I finish If Only We, I'll start posting the word count for the new story... which shall remain nameless for a short time. Why? What's life without a little bit of suspense? ;)


 Jessica Sankiewicz

6 comments:

  1. Go Jessica! The end is so close! I love the feeling of almost finishing a project that you've put your heart and soul into. It's such an amazing feeling. Good luck and can't wait for more updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great feeling... I want so much to go dive into it this weekend, and I probably will, I'm so full of energy for it. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohai there, Miss Jess, look at your pretty face! *squeezes you* I hope you're able to get lots done this weekend and get where you want to be. And you're absolutely right, even though it may seem strange to start a second writing project, when you have the ideas you need to get them out or they may disappear forever. You're doing great! And just FYI, my computer has been RIDICULOUSLY slow the last couple days so I haven't been able to do much beyond blogging (even that is taking me forever, my posts have all gone up late), but I will get to your email this weekend! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *squeezes you back* I hope so too. Today is going to be a busy one. :) Yes! These ideas are driving me up the wall lately. I started coming up with a good way to restart the story late last night (I was up until 2... even though I shouldn't have been, lol). And If Only We is getting somewhere again!

      No worries sweetie! I know how frustrating computer issues can be. Anytime our computer or internet acts up, I freak out. :P Can't wait to hear from you! <3

      Delete
  3. Nothing wrong with starting a second novel, especially if that idea is screaming at you. It would be worse to lose the idea or the excitement for it. After all, you could write what's in your head now, and then pick it up later after you finish If Only We.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! That's kind of what I've been thinking, get the certain sections written, and even if I rewrite them later, the main idea still remains. :)

      Delete