Monday, January 14, 2013

I am making you a promise


Something I have been holding back on is telling you guys about my work in progress. When I made If Only We a priority, I put another story on the back burner. That story is Before We Knew. I started it summer of 2011 and it held all sorts of promise. It was one of those extraordinarily cute YA contemporaries that made me laugh while writing it. I couldn’t wait to get back to it once I finished If Only We.

During the year of revising and rewriting, I have been coming up with and plotting out many of my story ideas from over the years. When an inspiration came to mind, I would write it down so that I could be better prepared in the future. There were seven stories that are in that process. No matter how many of them I had, I kept telling myself that I would go right back to Before We Knew.

The next step was going to be another story that I hold close to my heart called Whatever This Is. I actually wanted to do that one for NaNoWriMo instead of If Only We. The only problem was that there were several plot holes I couldn’t fill in time, so I decided against it. Which was probably a good thing because I had an epiphany for that story that fills me with a certain kind of delight that can’t be put into words. That epiphany makes me want to write it all the more so.

In the last few months, a new story idea has come to me. This new story idea has proven to be a masterpiece of epic proportions. I had this little snippet of an idea I have wanted to do for years but had no avenue to fulfill it in until now. Almost every day I come up with a new scene or a new line of dialogue. It has gotten to the point where if I don’t get to really writing this soon, I am going to burst at the seams.

I wanted to get to Before We Knew, or even Whatever This Is, after If Only We. Then inspiration threw me a curve ball and has told me otherwise. This new story idea has become a work in progress that is taking priority in my writing life.

I want so much to tell you guys all about it… but I don’t want to divulge too much too soon. It’s still in the beginning stages and I haven’t quite gotten all the details figured out.

Here is my promise though: Once I have finished If Only We, I am going to treat you guys to a sneak peek at a few details of my work in progress, including the title.

So stay tuned if you want to find out more!


 Jessica Sankiewicz

3 comments:

  1. Exciting stuff!! I love all the ideas but it can be overwhelming at times. There are only so many hours in the day and only so many stories you can work on without one bleeding into another. Still...it sounds like you have enough story ideas to last you for years, so you're ahead of the game. ;-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - I love the picture you used in this post. :-)

      Delete
    2. I know! With all these ideas, I don't want to mix them up... that's why I'm trying so hard to NOT work on the new one, although I am sort of failing, lol. Yay! I am ahead of the game!!!

      PS: I took it while in vacation in Michigan years ago. ^_^

      Delete