Friday, January 18, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (3)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count is 56,728.

............................that's right.

I just pulled off 6675 words in ONE WEEK. Heck to the yes.

I didn't WRITE that many words in one week, I revised most of them from scenes I had already written. I had a horribly difficult time on Wednesday night because I had changed a couple scenes near the beginning and it wasn't meshing with the final scene. So I was like, "WHAT THE CRAP, JESSICA?! WHY DID YOU ADD THAT STUFF TO THE SCENES EARLY ON?! YOU'RE RUINING THE END!!!!"

*ahem*

This weekend is going to be it. *crosses fingers* I hope, I hope! At the very least, by next update. Then I'm going to set it aside for a whole week and not look at it. THEN pick it up again and go through it and do a quick overview to fix problem areas and add in anything else that is necessary. AND THEN...... it will be ready for the betas......

Excuse me while I pass out......

Kidding. I'm surprisingly feeling pretty good about all of it. I'm looking forward to it! It's been such a LOOOOONNNNGGGG road. I can't wait to reach the end of it. ^_^


 Jessica Sankiewicz

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jessica! Isn't closing in on the ending the best feeling ever? I love typing those last two words, "The End." :)

    Good luck, hope you finish it soon and that your betas love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is such a great feeling. I hope I finish it soon too! ^_^

      Delete
  2. WOOHOO!!! So crazy exciting. You're almost there! I can't wait to read it. :-D Let me know if you need a kick in the butt this weekend, I'll be around most of Saturday and all day Sunday. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! EXCITING!!! I will let you know if I do, because it's possible I might, lol. At least tomorrow anyways. :P

      Delete
  3. I am sure everything will work out fine!!

    Love from across the pond!

    Svenja xx

    Happybluebird

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn! That's a productive week. Here's hoping you get to type The End this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crossing my fingers that I can type those two words too! :D

      Delete
  5. Gosh I hate editing so much! You seem like you're doing really well. A very productive week indeed. I hate it when you have a flash of inspiration so you change something only to have it affect another part of the book :( It'll all be worthwhile in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hate it too... it's so frustrating. It will hopefully be worthwhile in the end! :D

      Delete