Friday, August 16, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (33)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count total is 57,556.
current revision word count is 35,942

Definitely not as many words as I wanted to revise this week. I hit a snag with the chapter I took care of. I had to completely rework it and flip the scenes around AND change the day it happens on. So, in other words, it took me awhile to make sure I didn't have the wrong times, days, etc. in the scene to create confusion. But. It's done. And that makes me happy.

Considering the goal I have of publishing in October, I am needing to spend the rest of this month focusing my attention on revising. I cannot keep getting stuck and falling behind like this. It is completely ridiculous. So, I'm working things out so that I can put aside more time for it. Hopefully I can do this!


 Jessica Sankiewicz

2 comments: