Monday, November 12, 2012

Express Yourself #3: Post a picture of your work area.


Express Yourself is a weekly meme hosted by Jackie at Bouquet of Books and Dani at Entertaining Interests. The purpose of it is to get us to talking about the things that inspire us to write and inspire us in general in life. Check it out!

This week's question: 
 
Post a picture of your work area; cubicle, writing area, etc. Then explain what it is you do.

Okay, I'm a writer, an aspiring author. I write in a moon chair on a laptop in the middle of a gloriously messy room. As you can see, I have piles of everything everywhere. That is a Castle DVD on top of my Nook and my poetry notebook. in front of the laptop on a box is a pile of a couple notebooks, one is my If Only We notebook for ideas and mapping out chapters, one is my poetry brainstorm book, and there are TWO thesauruses. I am always in need of finding the right word.


And this is me, sitting in my moon chair recently. Yes, I am listening to music. It was most likely Three Days Grace that day.


How about you? I'd love to know!

 Jessica Sankiewicz

14 comments:

  1. I love the pic of you too! I get to see whats behind you as well. Plus you look so comfy. Oh how I would love to snuggle down in one of those chairs right about now. Look at all of those great inspirational things around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It can be pretty comfy sitting in it sometimes. :)

      Delete
  2. I have those trays! They are the best! We use them for nightstands in our room. LOL
    And what a cute pic of you, and your gorgeous smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love these little snippets of all things that show us a little about you as a writer! My room is super messy as well :) Isn't it funny that we have all these tools to help us write when really we should just sit down and shut up and write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it wasn't so messy, it can be distracting. Or inspiring, I'm not sure which. :P

      Delete
  4. Yay, I like seeing where you work! Now I can picture you in your funky chair in front of your tiny little desk and laptop lol. The piles upon piles upon piles of stuff looks familiar. If I took a picture of my work space right now I think I'd be too embarrassed to post it haha. My room is ridiculous...it needs to be cleaned and organized so bad but it always falls to the bottom of my list. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first heard this was the assignment for the week, I got my camera out to take the picture and stood there a minute. Do I really want to share this? Then I just said, "Whatever! I don't care!" Lol. It's just very me, so I guess it works. :P

      Delete
  5. Very busy work space, lots going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My office desk is covered with papers and so I like to work on the couch because it's a clutter free surface.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great spot to get away from everything. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Jessica,

    i just traveled over from Newlyweds' Friday letters and love your blog! Am your new follower!
    What kind of books do you write?

    Love,
    Svenja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for the compliment on my blog! :) As of right now, I'm working on a Young Adult contemporary called If Only We. I may also be writing some New Adult contemporary too.

      Thanks so much for coming by and following! *hugs*

      Delete