Monday, November 5, 2012

Express Yourself #2: What would your playlist sound like?


Express Yourself is a weekly meme hosted by Jackie at Bouquet of Books and Dani at Entertaining Interests. The purpose of it is to get us to talking about the things that inspire us to write and inspire us in general in life. Check it out!

This week's question: 
 
  What would your playlist sound like?
~Writer: WIP or MS Playlist~

For If Only We, here's a sampling of some songs I've played while writing and revising. I don't necessarily have an official playlist laid out for this novel. It kind of just comes and goes depending on the scene. I really do need to narrow it down to the ones that really inspire the novel.

1. "This Time (Klaas Remix)" by DJ Antoine
2. "Dreaming Wide Awake" by Poets of the Fall
3. "Broken Hearts Club" by Silent Drive
4. "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional
5. "Back In Time" by Huey Lewis and the News
6. "What Happened To Us" by Hoobastank
7. "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye
8. "Denial Waits" by Ashes Divide
9. "Love Song" by 311
10. "99" by Toto
11. "Product Of My Own Design" by Trapt
12. "Amazing" by One EskimO

How about you? I'd love to know!

 Jessica Sankiewicz

14 comments:

  1. Gosh, I've never even thought about what songs I would use as part of a playlist! I tend to get distracted singing if I have music on! But my books are very action and violence oriented so I think something heavy metal would suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well, I can't say I don't get distracted by wanting to sing to certain songs... which is why I can't listen to some, lol. I usually have to have some music in the background to set the mood. I can't focus too well in silence most of the time. :P

      Delete
  2. I like the mix of songs on your playlist! I especially like #'s 4 and 11. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those are great ones. You can't help but sing along. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh these are some great songs! Trapt and 311 are two of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're in my top favorite groups! I listen to lots of their music. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the song "Somebody that I used to know." Such a classic! I would definitely have to put some Fun. and some Mumford and Sons in my playlist right now. I am totally loving them lately! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you. Hope you don't mind that I follow along!

    new follower :)
    Bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a classic song! There's just something about it that is so gripping. Thanks so much for following, I welcome anyone to come by and chat. ^_^

      Delete
  5. I love that your music tastes are as eclectic as mine...one of the fifty bajillion things we have in common lol. LOVE that 311 song and the Dashboard Confessional song too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! I know, that's what makes our friendship great. :) Yay! They are both great songs. :D

      Delete
  6. You have certainly put some thought into your playlist, a lot of special songs amongst yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are some special songs. I listen to a lot of them even when I'm not writing. :)

      Delete
  7. Stolen. That's a wonderful song, really fantastic. Gotye too is great. This is a great playlist and I will be listening to the ones I haven't heard of as soon as I can.

    Cheers,

    W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful and great songs. :) I hope you do check them out. Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete