Friday, September 20, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (38)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count total is 58,845
Sent out to beta readers!

Read through the notes from two of my betas and they offered some great insight. Not only that, but they fixed several grammatical issues, which is great. Sometimes when you're in the midst of writing, you lose track of proper grammar. Sometimes it's because you forget what you've been taught about grammar. It was a mix of both. In any case, it is bringing me one step closer to publishing. I went through the first chapter and fixed all the easy to change errors, even tweaked a couple sentences for continuity. I'll probably spend some time this weekend going through a few more chapters. I'm hoping to get through a lot of it (if not all) this week actually. That way when I get the notes from my other betas, I can start going through them right away. THEN I CAN PICK A RELEASE DATE. Woot! ^_^


 Jessica Sankiewicz

No comments:

Post a Comment