Friday, May 31, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (22)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count total is 57,556.
current revision word count is 8,685

That's right. We've got a revision word count now. Booyah!

I've gotten through the first four chapters and I was right, they were pretty much set. I only had to change a couple tiny things and I was done. I was hoping to get through the fifth chapter too but there wasn't enough time this week. What can I say? I get distracted sometimes.

This week's distractions: How I Met Your Mother marathon (in which I watched all of seasons one and two, plus the first disc of season three) and writing poetry. I started going through my old journals and found some gems in the words I wrote (whether it was under duress or confusion, mostly confusion). As a matter of fact, I believe the above picture is of me writing in my journal.

So, goal for this coming week is the following: get through another four chapters! The fifth one should be pretty easy, but beyond that I can't remember where some of the plot changes started. Ha! Should be a decent goal to reach out for though.

Shouldn't be too hard... as long as I don't spend all of my free time on TV on DVD marathons...


 Jessica Sankiewicz

2 comments:

  1. It took me a few days to figure out what #himym was and then just as I was about to ask you, it clicked. I've never watched it so it didn't come to mind right away lol. You're doing great, keep it up sweets! :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, yeah. I'm such a dork! I've had several favorites from those tweets. :P Thanks sweetie!!! <3

      Delete