Friday, May 17, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (20)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count is 57,556.

I got out my If Only We notebook and went through it to refresh my memory. It's not as intimidating as it seemed before. In fact, I'm feeling AMAZING about this. As I was getting ready for work, it was on my mind and I began coming up with ways to fix some problems. I got so excited and ran to write down the ideas.

I had a conversation with a friend today about it. I said, "I have this good feeling about my writing suddenly." And they asked, "Why suddenly?" And I said, "Because it feels like all the pieces are finally falling into place. The plot holes I had are getting filled in and it's starting to work. Taking a break from it was the best thing I've done. I'm looking at it with fresh eyes and a mind that is thinking clearly." Seriously, I cannot emphasize more how much of a difference it has made, and I've barely gotten into the editing. I am definitely going to talk about this more sometime once I get closer to being finished.

Also, in case you guys missed it last week, I officially have a Facebook page for my writing. Like it and share it with your friends. Thank you! <3


 Jessica Sankiewicz

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! And also yay for me being right about a break being the best thing for you. *insert evil laugh here* Fresh eyes are one of the BEST things you can do for a stalled manuscript - new ideas, renewed excitement - all good things! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe! Yep! You were definitely correct. ;) A fresh look at your own writing does a world of good. <3

      Delete