Friday, June 28, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (26)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count total is 57,556.
current revision word count is 19,809

Well, I failed this week.

Not that I'm going to beat myself up over this. I just need to TRY HARDER. Set aside more time to focus on revising. I have to admit, I've been pretty distracted with both things online AND writing down scene ideas for my next book. And as much fun as those things are, I need to prioritize. Right now, that priority is If Only We. Finish the revisions, send to betas, THEN I can start writing the next book.

So, if any of you guys have something to give me incentive to stop allowing distractions, I'll gladly welcome it!


 Jessica Sankiewicz

2 comments:

  1. Def don't beat yourself up. Its just so easy to get distracted these days. I don't know how much help I can be for motivation. All I can say is I can't wait to get a look at your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, is is very easy... Hearing that people want to read my book does help! Thanks! <3

      Delete