Friday, July 1, 2022

2022: Halfway Through the Year Check In!


Hello everyone!

Can you believe we're halfway through 2022 already? It doesn't seem possible, but here we are! I thought I'd pop in on the blog and share with you what's been going on and what's coming soon.

So Far...

First of all, I finally released my first fiction book since 2014 last month! The High School Sweetheart was released on the first day of summer, June 21st. It was a labor of love and I'm super pleased with how the story turned out as well as the lovely response I received from readers.

Unfortunately for me, June 21st was also the day I came down with COVID. After two whole years of avoiding it, getting vaccinated, and being as safe as I can be, both my husband and I spent a whole week cooped up in our apartment feeling terrible. Luckily I got the antivirals and got better quickly. My husband has taken a little bit longer to get better, but he's getting there.

This leads me to the rest of this post...

Next Up...

My original plan for the rest of 2022 was to write and publish 2 more stories: The Fall Fling (Finn's story) and a short story taking place at Christmas featuring Winnie and Westley. Sadly, I've had to rework my writing plans for the remainder of this year and the beginning of next year. After contracting COVID, I realized not only how far behind I am but also how much further behind getting sick has made me. The Fall Fling was going to release in October, but I've decided to push it back a whole month to allow enough time to write the story. I've also moved the Christmas short story to the end of 2023 instead of this year.

You may be wondering why I would need to push releases back, especially since TFF is going to be a novella. Surely it won't take that long to write, right? Well, it isn't just about the writing of it, but also other things happening in my life. Getting sick not only put me behind at least 2 weeks when it comes to working and keeping my apartment clean but also seems to be making it difficult for me to focus and think properly. I also write under another name and I've had to make adjustments to that schedule as well.

---

So, I just wanted to fill everyone in on what's happened recently and what to expect. I'm still in the process of getting everything in my life back to where it was prior to getting sick and I genuinely hope that as time goes by things start to look up and get back to some sort of normal.

In the meantime, take care and stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment