Friday, February 22, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (8)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising and rewriting this one.

If Only We - current word count is 57,556.

And yet again... nada. I am a little disappointed in myself for this, especially with how determined I've been to get this done. Not that I'm trying to make excuses (because I do still have time where I *can* sit down and work on it) but there's been a lot going on with work, clearing out junk in my room, and online sales, among other things. *shakes head* I need to kick myself in the butt and stop stopping and start something.

I just read this article from author Keary Taylor about how self-published authors can get their work on NetGalley. I didn't know that it was possible to get on there without being attached to a publisher. The cost is actually quite reasonable, and the benefits are great. I'm considering doing this at some point, not for If Only We, but for a future work.


 Jessica Sankiewicz

2 comments:

  1. I'd been wondering about NetGalley coz I've seen indie books there recently, but I just about peed my pants when I saw $399 lol. She makes some good points...good enough to make it sound reasonably but when you're poor that's A LOT of money. I'd really been hoping to get WFTS up there but at this point I'd rather pay for a tour and some swag (omg I forgot to tell you I ordered postcards and notebooks...I can't wait for them to get here!). Anyway it's definitely something to keep in mind for the future...hopefully someday it'll be like '$399? Pff, no problem' lol ;-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I know, it DOES seem steep. When I first read it I was like WHAT?! but she is right. If you have a little extra to invest in it, it would SOOO be worthwhile. I'll have to do it with my next book and tell you how it goes. ;) Someday you will do it too!

      AND AWESOME!!! I cannot wait to see the swag! I'm so glad you got some. :)

      Delete