Friday, February 1, 2013

My Weekly Writing Update (5)


Because what's a writing blog without a writing update?

As you have seen, my main focus as of right now is If Only We, a young adult contemporary novel. I am in the process of revising for beta readers.

If Only We - word count is 57,556.

No change in word count just yet. I'm only... let's see... 1/3 of the way through my initial edits? It's been slow going this week. The grammar check on Microsoft Works is stopping for all my sentence fragments when there's a POINT to the sentence fragment. It's for EMPHASIS. And then ending sentences with prepositions... I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm getting better! ^_^

This weekend will probably not include much in the way of editing because I have too much to do. But I'm going to spend time after work all of next week on it. I wish I wasn't so behind on other stuff! It's holding me back on getting this ready to go. If it gets delayed, oh well. I'll get caught up soon.


 Jessica Sankiewicz

2 comments:

  1. I've been giggling over your grammar check related tweets the last couple weeks. So many of the things it catches makes me just shake my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I'm glad I've been amusing somebody with those! I'm sure there will be PLENTY more this coming week when I get back to it. :P

      Delete